The Young Mums’ Unit is a facility we run in partnership with Wester Hailes Education Centre (WHEC).
WHEC provides access to mainstream education for the young parent.
The facility gives young parents the opportunity to continue their education, while supporting them in their role as parents.
The service is free of charge to young parents resident within Edinburgh.
- Transport by taxi to and from school, for girls outwith the Wester Hailes’ catchment area.
- A crèche for babies and toddlers.
- Timetabled classes within the main school.
- A well-equipped classroom near the crèche where girls can study and meet other young mums
- A full-time teacher allocated to the Young Mums’ Unit, who provides study support, tailor-made sessions and links with outside agencies
- a pupil support worker who provides additional support for the young parents
Contact us on 0131 469 2830.